• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I love to gaze into infinity [Gale]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Things are still difficult with Mazikeen, though in a far different way than the black mare suspects. The Curse that inhabits Gale’s body near-constantly considers the cons of killing her for good. They do not yet outweigh the benefits, so the Alpha had been alive when he’d left from Hyaline earlier that evening.

Gale - who is no longer Gale, even in the light of day - winds his way across the meadow. Tonight he’s altered his coat, so the only cremello brindling is that along his neck and sides, the markings he’d been born with. The rest is as dark as the night sky overhead, a deep navy that shimmers with faint iridescence in the soft light of the stars.

When Ciri thinks of him as Lightning Boy, he sends a shimmer of lightning across his navy skin. She smells of the far north, which Gale recalls from his time at the Midsummer Festival. Had she settled there, in a place that was both flat and cold? Hyaline was frigid the better part of the year, but at least there was a view.

“You thought I’d forget my first time seeing the future?” It replies with mock affront. It begins to lean in, but there is a shift in the stars overhead.

What type of shift it is not sure, but it hadn’t felt entirely benign. There aren’t words for the way he has begun to feel things lately. It’s not unlike Seeing, but with every sense he has (and many he hadn’t known he had). Perturbed by the magic it has no name for, the faintly brindled stallion looks away, back over his shoulder where he’d emerged from the dark western woods. He continues to do so for some time.

A shadow drifts across the silvery grass, cast by a bird so dark it is nearly invisible against the dark sky. It is an osprey, but it is not Erne, yet it settles like a companion atop the white mane of his hindquarters and peers at Ciri with blue eyes that match Gale’s.

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-02-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-03-2021, 09:02 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-05-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-10-2021, 11:20 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-19-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:05 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-23-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-24-2021, 12:40 PM