• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I won't just take your hand

c h a s m .

Like Sickle, Chasm had been given instructions to keep close. But like most of his kind, he didn’t take too kindly to being given instructions.  Unlike his mother, Chasm was a hell of a lot more curious about areas away from the water.  He was far more comfortable venturing away from the water than his mother had ever been even though he was still so young, much to her displeasure – something that he must have inherited from his land-dwelling father. 

Still, he was lucky that despite the warnings not to go far, he didn’t have a helicopter mom. Kelpies pretty much raised themselves. Family bonds were definitely important, but they didn’t tend to hover or smother like some of the land dwellers did.  This was something Chasm absolutely appreciated already. Even at this age, he already knew it wasn’t his thing.  So he’d begun adventuring further and further from his home, testing the bounds of what he could get away with. Lately his mom had been super distracted so he’d taken full advantage. And today he’d made it all the way to the meadow. It was interesting in the sense that the long grass vaguely reminded of him as an ocean when the wind blew just right, but that’s where the similarities ended.

He’s not super interested in meeting others, and steers clear of the others. He doesn’t need to accidentally run into someone from Hyaline who’s going to report back to his mother he’s been spotted in the meadow.  He imagines that wouldn’t go over well for him, given everything going on.  He makes a face at the thought, but it isn’t enough to send him back in the direction of home. There’s still too much to see – too much to explore. He’s not going to stay in the lake forever. 

He continues his not-so-sneaky perusal of the meadow before a girl about his age catches his eye. He hasn’t seen anyone his age here yet, and it’s pretty obvious that she’s not here with her parents. Probably for the simple fact that they’re the only ones who are literally blue in the meadow at this present moment.  Dead giveaway.  But she seems focused on something under a tree, so he makes his way over to see if she’s found something interesting. 

“What’s that? Did you bring it here?” He asks, looking at the weird glowing egg. They definitely don’t have those in Hyaline, but it looks kinda like the girl so maybe she brought it with her.

come on down to the bottom of the sea,
    there’s room here next to me.

@[Sickle]

Messages In This Thread
    I won't just take your hand - by Sickle - 05-24-2021, 07:44 PM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Chasm - 06-01-2021, 08:35 AM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Sickle - 06-02-2021, 06:41 PM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Chasm - 06-19-2021, 01:37 PM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Sickle - 06-24-2021, 05:55 PM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Chasm - 06-28-2021, 09:11 PM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Sickle - 06-30-2021, 07:21 PM