• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  never let it slip away

Anubias does not think he’s ever felt annoyed about anything ever, so the sudden flush of it that ripples through his body is confusing. He feels his smile slip into a frown, feels uncertainty for the first time in his young life. But then it is gone in a flash and he’s facing something he’s a little more certain of - the filly in this dream does not seem particularly pleased.

That is, he thinks, something he can try to fix.

His manner is back to being calm, now that the strange flush of annoyance has faded away, and he tries to explain himself as best as he knows how. “I’m Anubias. I can… I can shape and move through dreams. Create whatever I want.” As he says this, the colours of the meadow around them shift - greens and blues and iridescent and metallic things that match the pair of them. “I think I accidentally pulled you into mine. I normally bring my companion so we can play games but I’m still practicing.” Here Anubias finally frowns a little, upset that he had made a mistake like this especially if it makes her upset.

So he offers “I can try to wake up, if you want. Then you'll wake up too.” but he really can only try because so far, once the dream has him it’s difficult to rouse himself from sleep and he normally just needs to wait it out. Anubias hopes that she is not in an immediate rush to get out of this dream, or she might feel a little more of that annoyance.

@[Kamaria]

Messages In This Thread
    never let it slip away - by Anubias - 03-05-2021, 07:43 PM
    RE: never let it slip away - by Random Event - 03-05-2021, 08:09 PM
    RE: never let it slip away - by Kamaria - 04-05-2021, 09:02 PM
    RE: never let it slip away - by Anubias - 04-15-2021, 06:20 PM
    RE: never let it slip away - by Kamaria - 05-18-2021, 05:08 PM
    RE: never let it slip away - by Anubias - 05-29-2021, 07:22 PM
    RE: never let it slip away - by Kamaria - 06-13-2021, 04:30 PM
    RE: never let it slip away - by Anubias - 06-15-2021, 09:04 AM