• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, can't you hear the drums?

O C E A N E

"I will be sure to do just that," she responds to Tarian's suggestion with a small smile and an intrigued tilt of her head as her warm amber eyes inspect the man's silvered face. She cannot recall the last time her Champion had freely offered advice without her first needing to ask for it. She has come to know that he does not find it easy to offer advice to her; he is far too much a loyal knight to be someone to question her without cause, and it's for this reason Oceane certainly won't take his words today lightly.

She's struck with another thought and for a moment she hesitates to speak it aloud for fear that Tarian will take offense, though she scolds herself silently before she speaks. He would understand, she is quite sure. "I may bring one of our new diplomates along. Ledger." She shifts her weight, amber eyes instinctively looking towards the north where she knows the one-eyed man to be exploring Loess' canyons. "You may not have had the opportunity to meet him yet, but he is experienced, and comfortable with politics. I would ask for you to accompany me, though something tells me Obscene may know he was able to get under your skin when he saw you last." She grins, ever so slightly. Oceane's gaze returns to Tarian just as they are buffeted by a sudden squall, her next words concealed from any prying ears. She had given her word to Ledger that she would not share his secrets with any except her trusted advisors, and this is a pledge she intends to keep. "I will be properly protected. He is able to shift into a bear, and he seems quite motivated to prove himself."

Their conversation breaches the potential need to remove Obscene from the helm of the Pampas. It's a move she would not make unless necessary, and the optimist in her remains hopeful that she will be able to level with the new crown of her subsidiary. Should things turn sour, however, she has no doubt that Tarian will remain unwavering beside her as they take the required steps to instill peace in the southern kingdom once again.

So caught up in these thoughts is the Queen that she is caught off guard by her Champion's compliment. A sheepish grin finds her lips and she tucks her maw to her chest for a brief moment before she nods with gratitude to Tarian, their eyes connecting. "And Loess with you, Tarian."

She pauses for a quick second before quiet laughter falls from her lips. "You deserve some time to relax. Please do so. But if you find yourself feeling restless, perhaps you could follow up with Sylva, as well. I've yet to hear from Fiorina." And the unrest in the Pampas has her feeling restive.

― @[Tarian] ―
    ""

a little white light
    in a sea gone black
    n | t
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    oh, can't you hear the drums? - by Tarian - 05-05-2021, 05:22 PM
    RE: oh, can't you hear the drums? - by Oceane - 05-06-2021, 02:29 PM
    RE: oh, can't you hear the drums? - by Tarian - 05-08-2021, 05:47 PM
    RE: oh, can't you hear the drums? - by Oceane - 05-12-2021, 02:17 PM