• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you remember when we learned how to fly? [demian]
    @[Cress]

you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing.
    I had been searching for the golden colored girl when I finally came across her under the forests canopy. She was nervous, clearly, and with a soft chuckle I stepped up to her and closed the distance with a few fluid steps before tilting my head in curiosity. "Ah, but I think you will do just fine, Cress." My words are spoken with honesty. For I had come to understand over the years that nobody was ever truly ready for a leaders tasks, even if they were naturally born to take hold of such things. The nerves would always be there, especially at first. And the questioning of oneself was a natural thing to do. "You may not be ready, or have been... But this is your time to shine and prove to yourself that you will succeed. If anyone else were meant to be up there, they would be."

It is important to be encouraging. The valley needed members with confidence. Those who could hold the pieces together as though they were the glue. The leaders, they would become the foundation of their kingdom, holding the members together and driving them towards their success. And cress, well she was the start to that foundation. It wasn't me, for all I was, was the man seeking to start the valley in the right direction towards building up to the great kingdom it had once been. And once I got it started, it would of course be up to them to continue that and do the rest. For eventually I would fade into the distance to watch them grow. For my intentions were not to stay here forever.

I may not be the typical type of valley king the rest of Beqanna expected, but I wasn't meant to be here for long. I would stay just long enough to do what I had set out to do and then I would most likely fade back into the distance once more. "That we should. It's important we get a start on this. We have waited far too long." Though I hadn't been on the throne for very long, each minute continued to tick by and soon the other kingdoms would start to get curious. It was better for them to get the head start before the whole of beqanna began to notice that the Valley was stirring.

"And well, for now we have an alliance with Chamber, but we must make sure where we stand with them. I'd like us to keep our alliance with them and we need to see if they're needing us to do anything in order to keep it that way or if they're fine with previous terms. They are a strong group in Beqanna at the moment and it's important we stay on friendly terms with them." I did agree with her on seeking out the strongest kingdoms to make allies. Pressing my lips together I look away for a moment, letting the different kingdoms slowly shift through my mind. "I would also like for us to consider the Amazons as allies. They too have a new queen on the throne and this would be as good of a time as any to seek one out. Changes can bring two unlikely sources together, and we are in need of their strength while we rebuild."

"I would also say we should tread lightly with the deserts. Caution is a good a word as any. The valley has become enticing to a few of their members recently and their queens can't be too happy about that." My shoulders roll in a slight shrug before I quirk my lips to the left in a thoughtful expression. "The rest I don't know much about. I'd like us to go in groups and talk about the kingdoms with their members. See who are open for allies, treaties and truces. Speaking of truces... Maybe we could work on one with the Deserts and then potentially build up from there... Not right away of course though."

I choose not to tell her everything, simply because a push in the right direction was all the girl would need. After that I knew she would get the hang of it. All it really took in diplomacy was practice and a peaceful and positive mindset. And Cress was of course, like the rest of the Valley, full of potential. And like I saw it in the others I saw it in her.

demian

Messages In This Thread
    RE: do you remember when we learned how to fly? [demian] - by demian - 09-10-2015, 09:08 AM