• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  where the moon had turned; benjamen
    when I was a bird I could see where the moon had turned

She is not surprised to find herself out once more amongst the evening. It is her favored time of day, the time where she comes alive. Not the dark—not really. She would not have thrived during the eclipse in the endless night. For while she was a creature of night, it was night’s light in which she bloomed. She lifted her pale, silvery head and felt the milkiness of it wash over her. She was a deer this evening, picking her way through the forest with her slender hooves, brushing aside moonlight like silk curtains.

The moon has begun to wane and with it, she can feel the darkness beginning to creep up her legs once more. The night encroaching upon the silver of her. In time, she would be entirely black—the darkest of days during the month. These were her least favorite days of the month. The ones where she was left utterly alone in the night, unable to weave light around her. Unable to call to the moon that calls to her.

She sighs, an expectant kind of noise, before she pushes it to the back of her mind for now.

There was plenty of time for her to think on the new moon. For now, she would relish in the waning light that shone above—her friend’s face looking down upon her kindly. She smiles in return before turning her deer’s head toward the path before her. It is only when she hears the snapping of branch beneath a foot that she pauses, the instinct engrained in her very bones. There’s a moment of pause, all of her muscles freezing beneath that silvery coat, before she bounds off, leaping forward in giant, sweeping motions.

the sky was alive and this wire of mine burned

@[Benjamen]

Messages In This Thread
    where the moon had turned; benjamen - by cressida - 05-21-2021, 02:19 PM