• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I woke up today and chose violence

Mazikeen’s entire body thrums with uncertainty, with the desire to go to Gale. To comfort him, to demand the comfort she knows she needs but won’t ever ask him for. But she remains where she is, no matter how much it hurts. No matter how badly she wants to bury her face in his neck and not have to see the look on his face anymore. Because this was part of her plan.

She reminds herself it would be dumb to get close. Even though she’s talking to Gale now, she doesn’t know how long that’s going to last. She can’t imagine that the Curse is particularly pleased right now, but the delayed response is making her anxious. Was it actually sleeping during the day? Was it even paying attention? Her mind feels like it’s going to start splitting - first showing up here, determined to get it over with, only for things to start shifting around on her.

Mazikeen shakes her head, orange eyes reflecting the regret she sees in his. “I’m sorry you weren’t either.” And she is, mostly. Even though that had been the point. She had still missed his presence so much during the labour, missed whatever comfort he might have given her. Missed sharing those first few moments with him, the start of their family.

The names of their children. The shine of those perfect, blue and orange eyes.

She takes a deep breath in and finally answers his question. “You’ll get to meet them.” And then fire takes over from the sadness and she looks at him with resolve - her glowing horns held high. “When I carve that curse out of you and we’re rid of it forever.”

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    I woke up today and chose violence - by Mazikeen - 05-15-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 07:45 AM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 08:14 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-17-2021, 08:40 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Mazikeen - 05-17-2021, 09:12 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-18-2021, 08:35 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-19-2021, 09:05 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-20-2021, 06:53 AM