• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Anubias

It is a wonderful thing, to see Cheri again and be greeted with the same warmth he was feeling coursing through his body. They’re still friends - he discovers quickly - and hopes that this will be true no matter how much time passes, though he is hoping that less time passes between this time and the next. Anubias listens happily as she answers his question about Taiga’s trees, his smile brightening when she informs him that she’s moved - to somewhere considerably closer.

Everything about him is already bright, delighted by Cheri’s presence in his day - everything else fading away. Still, somehow when she gives him a tender peck and offers her thanks, the smile that blossoms in Anubias’ pale green eyes becomes absolutely luminous. Creature rolls hers in response, clamouring up a nearby tree to give the two friends time to reacquaint themselves, and because she’s sure they won’t stand still long enough for her to get a good nap in on either of their backs.

The metallic green stallion isn’t thinking about his companion right now, though, as he replies with his own sincerity. “You don’t owe me anything, Cheri. That’s what friends are for.” That bright, shining smile beams for a moment longer before becoming more casual, relishing in this reunion and the news that she was going to be living close by - so maybe they could see each other a little more often. “But I’m glad you’re here. And that you’ll be close by now! I was thinking about visiting you in Taiga and it just got a whole lot easier.” A little worried that this makes it sound like visiting her in Taiga wasn't worth the effort - he's quick to add, a little bashfully: “Not that I wouldn’t have minded the trip.”

Maybe one day they could still go, he'd still like to see those trees that hold up the sky.

But Anubias settles himself into the present moment, because it is a wonderful moment. His interest is absolutely genuine when he asks “What made you decide to move to Loess?”

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Anubias - by Anubias - 05-16-2021, 06:12 PM