• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  that's all i've got to say, any
    Leilan
    Leilan doesn’t comment on @[Aela]’s almost sarcastic way of asking “did you”, swinging only an ear in her direction as they approach the maze. The fact was that it was just a fact, and as an added bonus, even if he hadn’t remembered every single pathway, he could feel where each and every slate of ice was placed regardless. It was pure logic to let her lead; a trait so ingrained in her that he can’t help a little smirk when she goes forward without questioning it or looking behind, assuming he is following.

When they reach their first dead end, she finally answers his first question - nothing like the north, Ah, such a rebellious child. He bites his lip so as not to chuckle, finding it quite hilarious that she had felt the need to physically distance herself from her family in order to grow, but he refrains. His eyes may or may not be sparkling impishly with a green gleam, but thankfully the deal was a dead end, not a reflection, so there’s a good chance she misses it as they turn around.

The next obstacle is a mirroring plate of ice, and she asks a sly question. At that, he tilts his head with amusement. Did she think he had many secrets? He almost tells her he wears his heart on his sleeve, but that isn’t an answer to the question, because anyone who’s gotten to know him already knows this. Instead, he mulls it over, then shrugs. ”I like you, Aela.” he decides and then grins. After all, it is something he had only determined just now, so nobody else could know in this moment.

Perhaps it’s petty, but he motions his head for them to continue. ”I only have one more question for now,” the magician says. Of course there are hundreds of questions regarding Straia or Pangea that he could ask her, or even about the bond she seems to share with his niece - though he could technically ask her herself, too - but it’s only one that he wants answered right now, to get a feel for her.

”Why did you come here today?”
    I see this life like a swinging vine
    swing my heart across the line
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 04-10-2021, 09:27 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 04-16-2021, 03:47 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 04-17-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 04-20-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 04-26-2021, 07:56 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 05-12-2021, 07:03 AM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 05-12-2021, 05:45 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 05-22-2021, 09:42 AM