• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me
    It’s a little annoying to understand what Tarian means, and then like he’s reading her mind she sees Tarian’s eyes shift to the twinkling air around her. She shifts a little, uncomfortable with this change of focus, and feels her shining mood begin to dwindle even before he asks about it. “Ridiculous, isn’t it. But yes, it’s new.” And though Altissima had at first thought it strange that Tarian was annoyed with his glow, her ears flattening back and her eyes shifting to a more irritated blue are both signs that she’s not pleased with this new trick of hers either.

Her silver tail flicks and she oh-so-subtly changes the subject away from her twinkling.

“And I wasn’t dying I was…" Well okay that’s exactly what had been likely to happen if the darkness had extended any further but she’s not about to actually admit Tarian was right so soon after so thoroughly enjoying him being wrong. “At the very worst I was going to pass out and miss your witty comments. And since that was all I was at risk of, for the life of me I can’t remember why I was trying so hard to stay awake."

Despite the edge to her voice, the exaggerated indifference, there's a shine in her eye that has nothing to do with the sparkling air around her.
    altissima

@[Tarian]
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Altissima - 05-06-2021, 06:28 PM