• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  but its wonderful to see that it never phased you

The light that meets the dark

“Sorry.” Cheri quickly murmured, just as shocked to see the gray stallion as he seemed to see her. She hadn’t exactly meant to stumble on this particular spot, but the winding canyons here were still so new and unfamiliar. She’d forgotten how many turns she’d taken during the trip out here. “I was up all night is more like it.” Her slender head drooped, heavy with exhaustion.

At least he wasn’t keen on chasing her off.

She wished that she knew him. Cheri had been given a crash-course introduction on Loess and her keepers, retaining very little useful information from that brief initiation period aside from the knowledge that there were other horses in-residence here. Mostly males - she did remember that much - “and this could very well be one of them.” She reasoned. The young mare tried her best to stifle a yawn, blinking away the sand in her eyes from a poor night’s sleep, and she decided honesty as the best policy going forward from here.

“I’m Cheri, a new arrival here.” She explained briefly. “I haven’t exactly found a comfortable place for myself yet. It’s so … open here. Not what I’m used to.” Her smile was a brief one.

Loess was as different from Taiga as it could be. The rolling scrublands left her feeling exposed when night came, shivering cold in the dark. She’d tried to make her home among the rock spires, in one of the many caves riddled out along the sides of the red-rock monuments, but had found the majority of them either occupied by wildlife or too small to suit her needs. Oceane had a policy about disturbing natural habitats that Cheri wasn’t keen on breaking, so last evening she’d tried to make her way into the canyons. Their height was impressive; nearly too high to ascend from a flight on the ground at her current level of aviation skill, and this morning she’d gotten herself turned around in them pretty good. She guessed they were a void option now, too.

“It’s nice to meet you … ?” Cheri left the greeting open-ended so that the stranger could fill in the blank. Meanwhile, her expression wilted. “Howling infernos.” She thought crossly, deadbeat tired.

@[Tarian]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but its wonderful to see that it never phased you - by Cheri - 05-03-2021, 03:07 PM