• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  we stand still to see where it comes down | mazikeen + anyone
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale leans into her comforting touch, breathing deeply the familiar scent of her skin. He can smell Hyaline as well, the cool lake and the cold mountains, and he finally smiles for much the same reason she had earlier - because they will leave together at the end of the Festival, and return to their home.

Her mention of his brothers’ advice draws another smile, and he might have said something lascivious enough to reroute them toward the woods were it not for the arrival of Tiercel.

The dun had clearly heard Mazikeen, and Gale grins widely at his triplet and the amusement that dances in his blue eyes. Seeing him reminds Gale of Eyas, their missing triplet, but he does not have time to miss her before another familiar voice attempts to take credit.

Turning toward Nashua, Gale’s happy smile grows so broad he fears it might split, and he greets Nashua with the same affectionate brush of the shoulder that he’d given to Tiercel.

Remembering his promise to Mazikeen, Gale looks back at her (had she gotten prettier while he greeted his siblings?), and says proudly to the others as he meets her orange gaze. “This is Mazikeen, and I love her very much, and we’re only late because I wanted to be nice and give you both a head start in practicing for the Games, since you probably need it.” By the last, he’s looking back and forth between his two brothers, his brows raised in amusement.

@[Mazikeen]
    @[Tiercel]
    @[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we stand still to see where it comes down | mazikeen + anyone - by Gale - 04-19-2021, 01:33 PM