• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  buried it where bones are buried

can’t stop staring at those ocean eyes. 

“I had my suspicions,” she says, simply, though a smirk floats across her lips. The monsters and the mountain had chewed hers and the others up and spit them back out. Quite literally. But the others, they hadn’t reappeared. So she was intelligent enough to put the pieces together, even though she had no idea what had transpired after…well…after.  That and he appeared, well, solid. Lucky bastard.

The newcomer was not someone she recognized, putting her immediately on guard.  She immediately narrows her gaze as he speaks, because if there’s anything Sabal hates its being spoken down to. Whether or not that was his intention is irrelevant at this point because Sabal’s big on react first, think second. “Who do you think you are, his keeper?” she snapped, showing a mouthful of pointed kelpie teeth. Sabal might look like a fairy princess, but she could just as easily clamp her jaws around this rude ass stallion’s throat and give him a tour of the bottom of the river. Underestimating her would be the first and last mistake someone would ever make.

Her eyes flick back over to the gold stallion, and she uses the moment to compose herself – and to use his statement as reassurance that she can continue her conversation.

“You did enough,” she said, sincerely.  She didn’t need the details, honestly. He’d made it out the other side alive. That was enough. He was enough. She’s also fully aware that this conversation is probably more for her than for him. At least she has that iota of awareness floating around in her head, but that definitely wasn’t enough to stop her.  That was quintessentially Sabal. A little selfish, a little selfless and a whole lot of stubborn to keep things interesting.

“You succeeded where I failed.  Thank you for that, at least.” Part of her desperately wants to reach out and touch him. She’d always been a physical creature. Maybe it was just a kelpie thing. But Its obvious to anyone with eyes (and again, she’d established long ago that hers were for more than just decoration) that he’d been through some sort of hell on that mountain. Sabal hadn’t spoken to anyone about her own experience, so all she wants to do is offer him that comfort – a brush of flesh across skin. But she can’t even do that, because it had been taken from her by her failure. 

“I don’t mind the darkness, but I did miss the sun.” And it was true. She wasn’t sure if she’d become accustomed to the dark or if it’d grown on her. Or maybe if the part of her that had always had an affinity for the darkness just felt more apart of her now than it had before.

She’s quiet for a moment, her gaze flickering between the pair. “I’m Sabal, by the way.”

s a b a l .
    manip by squirt

@[Ledger] @[firion]

Messages In This Thread
    buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 04-06-2021, 12:08 AM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by Sabal - 04-06-2021, 12:18 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by Ledger - 04-07-2021, 09:26 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 04-07-2021, 11:29 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by Sabal - 04-12-2021, 03:58 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by Ledger - 04-12-2021, 05:07 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 05-21-2021, 01:22 AM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by Ledger - 05-21-2021, 02:06 PM