• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to break me clean it two
    Mazikeen
    Mazikeen’s bright, exhilerated expression turns into one of surprise when Gale boldly reaches out to touch her upon joining her on the shore. Her skin twitches under his touch, something she wished she could control, but she’s as unable to stop that as she is to stop her heart from it’s frantic reaction. Since she cannot control either of those things, she holds her breath instead so she will not sigh. He’s not pushing her away, not offering comfort, just… touching her, her scars.

She knows the emotion that is suffocating her in this moment is fear and that is what keeps her rooted where she is instead of doing the logical thing and moving away. She’s afraid of how much she enjoys this closeness, afraid of how fleeting it might prove to be, afraid it means nothing to him and so much to her.

During the eclipse she had faced her fear of the forest, of what she was without her shifting. She’s determined not to let these fears sway her actions even though, in this, she still feels like she’s moving around in the dark.

She’s a little lightheaded when his touch stops, though she tells herself that’s because she held her breath, and her head is just starting to function properly again so she only manages a smile in response to his comments about her horns.

But that smile brightens, solidifies, when Gale asks about her fish friend. She took every opportunity she had to refer to Sabal as something other than kelpie, very nearly running out of sea creatures (squid being her particular favourite, since Sabal seems to dislike it so much). She tilts her head a little to the side and nods, her response coming with an ease she only partially feels. “Go ahead, I’ll protect you.”

She realizes now that she’s never seen him in the daylight. Their fight on the plains had been at a snowy dusk and then the sun had just gone away by the time she had hunted him down in Islandres that first time. She knew he was easy on the eyes but seeing the sunlight dance across the iridescence of his deep blue coat, how it contrasts with the pale cream markings and his white hair and wings, is entirely different than seeing him illuminated by her fire aura or through the shadows. A beautiful package to the impressive strength she knows exists in that body.

Mazikeen stays quiet for a moment, giving him a chance to drink (and actually keeping an eye out for any signs of a nosy kelpie) before she speaks. She’s not actually sure which thought is going to come out of her first until it’s there on her tongue. “I've missed you too.”

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to break me clean it two - by Gale - 04-02-2021, 10:21 AM
    RE: this is going to break me clean it two - by Mazikeen - 04-09-2021, 08:02 PM