• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a love like religion, thomas

and I'm the kind of love it hurts to look at, but once I was enough to make you try
    now, I'm underneath the rubble, trying not to feel the trouble.

He may be a fool, Thomas, but he is not stupid. He knows the dark things that she is capable of but these things do not make him love her any less. If anything, they make him love her even more. He does not feel as if she has ever felt the need to protect him from the darkness in her, no. He feels that he provides her with someplace where she can be vulnerable, where she can shrug off all that darkness and simply exist. And he has fiercely loved every facet of her, even the parts of her she has never shown him. 

He exhales a short breath of laughter and returns her soft smile. He does not tell her that he sometimes feels like the only sane thing in all of Pangea. That sometimes it feels like a world unhinged lest she feel that he regrets his decision to follow her here. Instead, he kisses her again and tells her, “we’re happy to be here with you.” And they are, though they tend to stick close to the water because their girl has an aversion to the sound of sand against her porcelain and Thomas has always preferred the water. 

He thinks of their first daughters, how he had looked for them but could only find Clementia and how she had refused to make the journey to Pangea without her twin. He had trusted they’d be all right so long as they had each other but that had been before the world had descended into this terrible darkness. He’d been entertaining the idea of going to look for them but he had not yet talked himself into leaving Amathea. 

His thoughts scatter as pain grips Desire and they have weathered this storm together enough times now that he knows exactly what it means. He arches his neck to murmur softly into the warm flesh of her shoulder, gently reassuring things until she settles against him again and he smiles. “She’s practicing her water teleportation,” he says and shifts his focus to the river, too. “She discovered it a few days ago and thought I’d played a mean trick on her.” 

THOMAS

— and you don't care for me enough to cry —

@[Desire]

Messages In This Thread
    a love like religion, thomas - by Desire - 02-23-2021, 12:16 AM
    RE: a love like religion, thomas - by thomas - 02-25-2021, 02:30 PM
    RE: a love like religion, thomas - by Desire - 03-21-2021, 08:02 PM
    RE: a love like religion, thomas - by thomas - 03-28-2021, 01:03 PM