• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  oh mama, i'm in fear for my life, any
    GRAVITAS
    Her softness does not soften him. He is not a soft thing, Gravitas. But the weariness has seeped into the marrow of his bones and he feels no overwhelming urge to punish her for the kindness she offers him. 

He does not know what it means to be known. Tirza knows him, certainly. His sister knows him better than anyone, better even than the viper that calls herself Mother. He wonders if he should consider this bond sacred, if he should shirk this stranger’s attempts to learn his identity, if he should turn to leave and let her wonder. This is what he was made for, this specific kind of casual cruelty.

There is no reason for him to stay and yet. And yet his feet stay rooted there and he turns his gaze in the direction of the soft rustle of her wings, staring darkly into the shadows. “My name is Gravitas,” he tells her and, for now, that is all he says, such a stark contrast to all of the things she has said in such a short span of time. 

Will he remember her name? He cannot see her so there is no chance that he will remember her face. Will his memory of her take the shape of a phantom? He shifts his weight, uncomfortable with the idea of having any memory of her at all.

How do you find the darkness?” he asks, keen to shift his thoughts to anything else at all. 

@[Laia]

@[The Monsters] please mess with his self shrinking!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh mama, i'm in fear for my life, any - by gravitas - 03-28-2021, 12:26 PM