• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  someone whose course is steadier than mine; islay

She nearly feels the shadows of her friend before she sees her, and she angles her pale head to peer out into the darkness, trying to fin the shape of her against the rest of the darkness that creeps up alongside them. There is no such luck, not away, and she frowns slightly—annoyed that she could not have better vision in the darkness or gifts that would help her make out things. It is only then that she realizes that she could sense the heat of things, perhaps, and the idea is such a compelling one that she drops the heat that she had been cocooning herself in to reach out for it, trying to map out the various waves of heat around them. She can feel the various temperatures of the plants and the sand, the wind, and when she comes across a pocket of something uniquely and definitively alive, she nearly laughs with relief and then joy.

How brilliant, she thinks, although she does nothing to manipulate the heat other than sense it.

When her friend finally does reveal herself, Aestas’ face lights up with joy, her coral eyes sparking with recognition as she quickly moves forward to close the distance between them. “Islay,” she greets her warmly, reaching out to bump her nose against the other girl’s neck, grinning. “I was hoping you’d come.” She sidles closer so that the two of them can stand hip to hip, and she glances out across the water where Islay had made the journey across the damp sand, wondering how long it had taken her.

“Things have certainly changed since the last time I saw you,” she remarks, knowing that it is the silliest way of trying to broach the subject of all the ways their world has nearly collapsed.

A pause as she ventures further forward again.

“How have you and your family been?”

so you should get on board with someone whose course is steadier than mine
    you should get on board with someone whose eyes are on the horizon, not on the skies

@[Islay]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: someone whose course is steadier than mine; islay - by aestas - 03-20-2021, 06:01 PM