• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll cross that line
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Mazikeen is quiet after the vision he shares, but Gale does not look away. He sees – though mostly feels – the way she shakes, as though the image of herself is not what she had expected, watches the way her still-damp mane shivers for just a moment, before she finally breaks the stillness after his words with a smile.

It looks like a real smile, or enough like one that he doesn’t assume her step back was to provide better momentum for an attack. Had the vision made such a difference, he wonders? Had being able to see herself the way he does truly done more to convince her than his words?

That might make sense, Gale decides; he has been told before that he talks more than the parrots and is sometimes even less intelligible.

The brief moment of relief – that she has understood, that she is leaving – does not last long at all. She adds contingencies to her departure, and Gale shakes his blue head (because of course Mazikeen would require caveats) with the barest hint of a smile.

Her idea of disguises is not one he’d considered, and while it is not as safe as leaving him alone entirely, it does sound at least a little less dangerous. He is quiet for a while, but his blue eyes do not leave Maizkeen’s. At last, he concedes with a nod of his head. That will work, he tells her, and she stay until her fickle wings return. He wants her safe, yet as he has weighed her suggestion he’d weighed his own mood as well. He is fairly sure he’s not feeling Cursed yet, so what he wants to ask is surely his own thought, and not that of another.

“Would you let me know when you’ve been here?” He asks, “Leave me a sign?” He’s not sure it is a good idea, but the prospect of being able to know that Mazikeen is safe and well enough to check on him seems a brighter light in the darkness than even the burning pyre in Nerine.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-10-2021, 02:26 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-13-2021, 08:42 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-13-2021, 09:28 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-14-2021, 12:45 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-14-2021, 08:48 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-14-2021, 10:43 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-14-2021, 12:40 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-15-2021, 08:07 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-15-2021, 10:40 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-20-2021, 03:34 PM