• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  oh mama, i'm in fear for my life, any
    GRAVITAS
    There is no way of knowing how far the voice has carried, whether its owner is standing two yards away or several hundred. He is on the verge of answering, pulled suddenly from whatever thought he had been lost to, when he feels the serpent fall abruptly. There one moment and then gone the next. And then a cold blast of air chases a rush of diamonds across his skin as he exhales. It is this that startles him the most and, for the space of a breath, he is at a loss. 

He arches his neck, peering through the dark at his own shoulder, which glints in what precious little light exists here. 

What strikes him most, he thinks, is how tired he is. There is absolutely no explanation for this. He cannot call upon the serpent’s vision to pull himself into sharper focus, cannot gaze into the shadows and pull her into focus either. The serpent is gone, replaced instead with the diamonds. And in no time, these fall away, too. But he can feel them still, lurking just beneath the surface of his skin.

He turns his face in the direction he’d caught her voice swimming from the darkness. “Does it matter?” he asks the shadows, weary. He is nothing, no one. He remembers the dragon who’d tried to teach him manners once, as if the master of Death himself had not tried to teach him once. As if an army of bone had not tried to teach him. Teeth and ivory. Blood splashed across galaxies.

Does any of this matter?” he asks this quieter, not expecting an answer. Doesn’t even want one, not really. If she wants to make herself known, she will. If she doesn’t, she won’t and he’ll be on his way and he’ll take these diamonds with him and things will be different but not really. 

@[Laia]

@[The Monsters] i love it but big baby dumb dumb doesn't deserve to fly let's see what happens to his flight without wings

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh mama, i'm in fear for my life, any - by gravitas - 03-06-2021, 07:15 PM