• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  oh mama, i'm in fear for my life, any
    GRAVITAS
    The most vivid memory is of fighting for his life.
    Teeth and bone. Had it been dark then?
    Or has it only been dark since?

He has not been back to the Cove since he and his sister met the Father. He wonders now if they truly meant to protect the Mother or if they were merely cutting their teeth on their first taste of defiance. He wonders, too, if the Father had truly meant to kill them. Wonders if he would be disappointed to find that the Children had survived. 

Perhaps this makes him a coward, his unwillingness to stay in that place where the Father found them. The place where the Mother had threatened to tear them from her womb with her own teeth and then cast them out into the world without direction. Or perhaps it makes him wise. The only thing that matters, he thinks, is that his sister knows where to find him.

He is the son of monsters, there is little to fear in the darkness. He has fought for his life and he will do so again. Galaxies glint on his skin as he moves through the forest now, peering into the shadows. He has seen the things that lurk. They look so much like the things made of bone that the Father had sent after the twins some years ago but they cannot be the same, can they? Though this particular creature, Gravitas, he would not be surprised to learn that the Father was responsible for this. 

He had gone to the Mountain once in an effort to find a way to protect himself and his sister from the Father. He had been so young then. Weak. He has since abandoned the quest, aware now that it is not up to him whether he lives or dies and there is some tremendous comfort in this as he ventures further into the belly of the beast.

@[The Monsters] please mess with his snake shifting AND his uncontrollable shooting star manipulation

Messages In This Thread
    oh mama, i'm in fear for my life, any - by gravitas - 03-05-2021, 01:13 PM