• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I want to breathe into your well; any

we scream our very souls free

Haunt is not left long to wait. A good thing perhaps, given their penchant for easy distraction. In the unnatural night fallen over this world, it would be so easy to mistake the shadow for one of the other beasts (though to Haunt’s own eye, their body has an elegance to it the beasts cannot match). With the pitch dark body so perfectly suited to this darkness, gleaming yellow eyes are their most notable tell. Only the faint outline of their impossibly black body against the night indicates their equine stature.

The ghostly form that joins Haunt proves intriguing at first glance. They have been many places, but this is a sight rarely beheld. Even as a delight curls deep in the pit of their stomach, Haunt moves abruptly, eliminating what distance remains between them.

This close it is impossible to miss the ephemeral nature of the other’s physique, the hollow of his voice as he speaks, or the faint pall of death that clings so stubbornly to those the afterlife had claimed.

A grin stretches across Haunts lips, black teeth hidden in the shadows of the day.

Even as the other asks his riddling question, a second approaches. Haunt’s attention snaps swiftly to the newcomer, yellow eyes surveying this one with an eerie intensity. As the orange fades from her coat, Haunt tilts their head to eye the image she tries to create. It feels somehow incomplete, though Haunt could not hope to put words to that sensation. Or perhaps it is that they have simply grown used to the abyss of their own form.

The grin on their lips widens as she responds so precociously to the ghost. A sudden laugh escapes their throat as Haunt tosses their head in a way that could be seen as either childish or terribly unhinged.

Then, between one breath and the next, Haunt has vanished. The land of death is easy, and the ghost had left such a delightful calling card. In a breathless whisper in the ear of the spotted stallion (a whisper the orange-eyed woman couldn’t possibly hear), Haunt asks “Is this the veil you meant?”

Moments later, they are once more in the meadow, the shadows that had swallowed them spitting them out once more. Only now the creature stands uncomfortably close to the woman, who is most decidedly not dead. “There are so many veils. Do you intend to give me instruction on them all?”

@[Rajanish] @[BEASTIE]

Messages In This Thread
    I want to breathe into your well; any - by Haunt - 02-24-2021, 11:30 AM
    RE: I want to breathe into your well; any - by Haunt - 03-01-2021, 10:15 AM