• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'm so far from my home, keyna
    Keyna
    how can we wake without question when all of the world is burning?

One father is gone, and the other may as well be.

One father trapped beneath the shield of the afterlife, stolen from their family.

The other trapped beneath his grief, lost in the illusions that he paints himself.

Keyna was born into a family torn asunder, a family ripped into shreds, and she could only watch as they drifted apart, into the wind and in the endless dark. So it is any surprise that the ice begins to take over her? Is it any surprise that it slowly creeps over her? Until the color bleeds from her. Until she is left shaking, cold, and blue. Until she feels that beating heart slowly freeze over in her chest.

She fears it sometimes—that icy cold that steals through her. Were it not for the empathy that also warred in her chest, that strange and deep connection to emotion, she fears she would lose herself entirely. But instead she is trapped in the in-between. Too cold to hunt out companionship. Too warm to not be affected by the lack of it. She feels it acutely, nearly painfully, and she soothes herself with leaning into the ice.

The darkness is almost a welcome friend at this point as she makes her way through it, blinking in and out of sight as her invisibility shields her when she hears something come too close. But it has been silent for several minutes now and she lets it slip from her, her cool glow slowly filling the space around her.

When she hears a footstep, she tilts her head to the side, purple eyes peering into the darkness.

But it is not the snarl of a monster that greets her.

Just a simple hello.

She frowns for a moment, her heart thumping as she contemplates whether to answer or run.

But it is the desire for conversation that wins out and she calls back out.

“Hi."

@[Selaphiel]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm so far from my home, keyna - by Selaphiel - 02-20-2021, 04:40 PM
    RE: i'm so far from my home, keyna - by keyna - 02-28-2021, 05:47 PM
    RE: i'm so far from my home, keyna - by Selaphiel - 02-28-2021, 06:58 PM