• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the wicked shall receive their reward; any

All things are possible, even the worst of things.

The day dawns bright, a subtle warmth hanging in the air upon a slight breeze, a pre-cursor of the coming summer. The Desert is quiet today, more so than usual. He awakens with restless feet, unable to keep himself inside the borders lest he go mad. He is unused to idleness. Oh, he is very good at doing nothing. But he had always done nothing virtually everywhere. And so while he had been quite good at avoiding production, he had always been busy.

So today he decides to meet someone new. He had vowed (well, mostly to himself. Is it really a vow if you don’t tell anyone else? Idle thoughts) that he would apply himself fully to building up the Deserts. He had made his decision, nearly a year ago now, and his resolve had not lessened. While he had been little more than a vagabond (sort of) for the majority of his youth, he had grown tired of that existence. Ultimately he is a stallion that needs a purpose. He would have wasted away with nothing to keep him entertained. Today he will work towards fulfilling that purpose.

He finds the field easily (it is a path well-trodden, after all). Coffee-hued gaze scanning the expanse, he searches for a likely candidate. He spots him readily in a buckskin stallion standing forcedly still not too far from him. As he eyes him, a dappled mare approaches him with two young foals trailing along behind her. He smiles as he steps forward to approach the group. He rather likes children.

As he nears, he catches the mare greeting the stallion with a charming howdy, her drawl as smooth and warm as the sands from whence he hailed.

Hello!

He offers his own greeting as he inserts himself into the group. An easy grin tilts his lips as he continues.

Hoo, man, am I glad to be here! I’m Shahrizai, by the way. Or you can call me Shah, I’m not picky. Care if I ask your names? Might get confusing if I start calling everyone ‘Hey, you!’

He laughs then, a warm, deep-chested laugh. Someone has to laugh at his jokes (even if it is only himself).

shahrizai

hestoni x scorch

Oh Shah :| I'm sorry, not quite sure what that was

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the wicked shall receive their reward; any - by Shahrizai - 09-07-2015, 10:57 AM
    RE: the wicked shall receive their reward; any - by Lyric - 09-09-2015, 10:50 PM