• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  half of me is ocean, half of me is sky, any
    Basilica
    He is such a unique thing that, at first, she thinks she has imagined him.
    He crosses the river like a dream, swims through the fog that exists only in her mind until he’s standing there in front of her. And even then she’s not convinced. 

She is bleeding, he says, and she thinks (quite peculiarly) of her father. She thinks of the gaping wound in the center of his chest and how it bled and bled and bled and how it never killed him and how he had looked at her mother and said, you shouldn’t have brought her here. And this inevitably makes her think of how Aureus had looked at her and said, we were never friends and this makes her look at this dream hovering before her with a kind of mournful expression. 

She exhales a kind of shuddering sigh and nods. Yes, dream thing, she knows she’s bleeding. But she’ll be all right. As her father had been all right. The loss of blood cannot kill her. 

It’s all right,” she murmurs, soothing the dream thing, trying for a kind of lopsided smile even as the blood continues to drip steadily into the water. She wants to reach for him, as if to touch him might convince him that it really is all right. But she is also afraid that he might dissolve beneath her touch and she is so desperately lonely. Perhaps this is why she has dreamed him up. 

I won’t die, dream boy,” she says, though even this has begun to sound distant, “I promise.” She shakes her dark head and sighs. “I don’t think I can.” 

HEAVEN’S GATES HAD SUCH ELOQUENT GRAFFITI

@[orville] i love him

@[The Monsters] please mess with her immortality too!!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: half of me is ocean, half of me is sky, any - by basilica - 02-25-2021, 01:23 PM