• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All I ever wanted was the world, babe // Ashhal
    The voice that answers is not one I expected. Not the hoarse whisper of a shadow-being, like a snake moving over dry leaves. This one is masculine and irritable, and it brings a vicious grin to my lips. 

"Not a godamn thing, huh?" I singsong back to him mockingly, eyes blazing in the dark. "Well, isn't that a first! How utterly refreshing." I sway in the voice's direction, eyes searching for the speaker. I move a few jolting steps the way I think it came from, slipping a moment on a patch of half-frozen mud. Wings flare out to catch my balance on a snarled curse. 

The sweet tone is edge with broken glass now, as I think I have come close enough to make out the stranger's profile. "So if you really don't want a goddamn thing, how's about you fuck right off my little patch of river bank and find a nice tall cliff to take a long walk off of, hm?" A perfectly reasonable suggestion, in my book. I was here first, so he can either make my day, or disappear. I have no third alternative in mind. 

This damned darkness has its uses, I won't argue that. Hiding my horrible naked neck and ass, for one. But it sure does make it difficult to assault someone you can't see, and I'm listing from one side to the other trying to remedy that. Hoping that maybe the cursed stick in my chest will bump into something solid to sink my teeth into. 

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All I ever wanted was the world, babe // Ashhal - by Sabra - 02-08-2021, 04:08 PM