• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come little children // Chaos kids
    I sway from one forefoot to the other, an erratic rhythm that pulls my mind temporarily together. My mind may have forgotten most of my roots, but blood remembers. It calls back to endless deserts and days and years and generations of nomadic travel. Holding still has never been an option, not even when the options have been stripped away. 

My eyes track the dull shape of her, flickering between her face and the deepening shadows behind her. I want to gnaw at the half-healed skin on my chest. It itches and burns along the ragged edges of older bite wounds, sparking where scar tissue has started to form. My teeth grit and grind and then I smile, and shove the urge away like an unwanted child. 

Her smug assurance, I can only laugh at it. A cold, icicle sharp giggle that cuts off abruptly. "Oh, to be young and insufferable," I crow, jigging half a pace closer to the bright young thing. "When life comes around to beat that arrogant look off your face, I do hope you'll think of me!" Said in much the same manner most would wish a foal a long and happy life. 

Her next words bring my manic movement to a jarring halt. My eyes widen, and logic (or the lack thereof) slides puzzle pieces together. The smug surity. The sudden appearance. "Did you take it?" I ask, voice low and hoarse. 

"DIDYOUTAKEIT, ANSWER ME YOU LITTLE BITCH, I KNOW YOU HAVE IT!" 

And I am a hurricane again, the air suddenly charged and heavy with ozone as the wind stirs beneath my wings. One hoof strikes out to where I think it might collide with her, and I see my daughter in front of my eyes again. See her decaying body crumble and split apart beneath my assault. I had to do it. I had to, it was me or her and I would do it again so help me gods. 

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-11-2021, 12:37 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 01-15-2021, 03:33 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-17-2021, 02:07 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 01-22-2021, 08:21 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-24-2021, 04:35 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 01-30-2021, 06:12 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-31-2021, 09:32 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 02-05-2021, 06:09 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 02-08-2021, 03:49 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 02-18-2021, 08:02 PM