• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone; hourglass
    — and how long must I stay, will I lay by your side
    just to say that I'm yours and you'll never be mine —
    Their words to each other are edged, as if the pieces of her glass self have broken and become weaponized. She blames the darkness, and the things that roam inside of it. She thinks that is the only way the once soft boy she had known would turn into something so cold and stone-chiseled. She liked to think herself a fairly good judge of character, if perhaps a little too forgiving of others flaws. The Aureus she had known had given no hint at this, and she tries to ignore the way his tight words and sharp tone leave spider-webbing cracks across the surface of her heart.

It's strange, though, how she thinks she can actually feel it; that it is not just a figure of speech to say she feels like her heart is going to break. It's a twinge so sharp in her chest that it makes her suck in a breath, and draws her nose downward, pressing it to where the galaxy spiraled from its center.

Just as quickly it's gone, leaving her to wonder if the faint stinging that lingers there afterward is just her imagination.

She had been distracted enough by the pain in her chest that she hardly noticed Astrum's presence, but when she catches the flash of the star only for her to disappear moments later, it diverts her attention back to Aureus. Her lips press tightly together at the way he speaks to her, and she is sure that even in the dark he would feel the way her eyes grow sharp, but she says nothing. She is afraid of saying something she cannot take back, and so instead she falls into step alongside him. “What did Astrum say?” She asks, her tone somewhat flat, afraid that any emotion will only come out as anger.
    hourglass
    — with this love like a hole,
    swallow my soul —

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone; hourglass - by Hourglass - 02-07-2021, 04:42 PM