• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale had never given much thought to finding a someone of his own. He’s given even less to having children. He’s only ever met two children, those of Aedan and his wife Vita. They were nice enough, like small adults but less chatty. He hadn’t found them particularly interesting, and certainly not fascinating or enchanting enough that he felt the desire to have one of his own.

Gale enjoys his freedom too much, and he would have laughed if he knew that Tiercel imagines him chained.

At the mention of not being an absent father, Gale nods his agreement, even though he’s not before considered it. He does now, feeling quite comfortable in the same silence that weighs on Tiercel. Often lost in his own thoughts, Gale is unbothered by stilted conversation. When he hears Tiercel speak again, he emerges from the haze of thought to listen, not wanting his sibling to feel as though he is not heard simply because Gale’s blue gaze has gone a little glassy.

Tiercel’s question feels well-intended, even if it does carry a solemn reminder, and Gale is smiling as he shakes his head. “I think I had a chance at something once,” he admits, thinking of the pastel Divest and her soft silver eyes. She’s retreated to the heart of the island, a green ghost that he imagines he sees among the trees from time to time. She most be content with the others there, and for Gale it is enough that she is happy.

“But I’m not sure I’m cut out for romance.” It all seems very complicated now that he’s an adult. “And besides, courting would take time, and I don’t want to sacrifice any of my naps.” Laughing at his own joke, Gale smiles and shrugs his shoulders playfully. 

@[Tiercel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale - by Gale - 02-05-2021, 07:40 AM