• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All my life I've been heading for hell; Ryatah

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

Her glow precedes her even as her soft voice forms the sound of his name. It cuts through him, clearing the jumble of memories inside his head for the briefest of moments. When the deluge returns, she is at the center. There is a strange sort of understanding that comes with it, his own stupidity at the forefront. But overshadowing it all is the very last thing she had said to him.

For a brief, crystalline moment, fury clears the pain and confusion. But in his current state, he is far too weak to act on it. Does she see that? Is that why she had chosen this moment to return? He had never imagined her so purposefully callous. But then, had he ever really known her at all? He had certainly never tried to.

The anger and agitation collide, and he tries to bring his feet beneath him once more. Unsuccessfully. Which serves only to stoke the fiery hole burning its way through his chest.

“Why the fuck do you care?” he spits out, venom in his voice. If he’d stop to consider his words, he might have realized just how much pain (and not just physical pain) was so clearly fueling his rancor. But he had never been particularly given to clarity even on his best days. “I would hate for you to waste any more of you precious fucking time on me.”

Under normal circumstances, his pain and anger would have been funneled so neatly into action. But with that avenue currently closed, they instead find release in words he would normally never give voice to. “You made it perfectly clear how you feel about me. So what now, you want to drive it home by telling me why?” His eyes burn feverishly inside his pale features, lips twisted into an unpleasant grimace. “If so, you can just fuck right off.”

He doesn’t take his eyes from her even as the poisonous words fall from his lips. Nor does he notice the way his fury blurs so closely into despair.

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All my life I've been heading for hell; Ryatah - by Ashhal - 02-03-2021, 04:38 PM