• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come little children // Chaos kids
    "A simple tune to quiet mewling infants," I reply dispassionately, eyes flat where they gleamed moments ago. That it was a fragment of lost memory meant more than the memory itself. Those are days I cannot return to, even if I wanted to. They are gone, and the memory of them has been trickling away steadily over the years. Grains of sand scattered by the uncaring winds of time. 

I am uncaring, myself. 

This girl, though, she stirs something inside of me. Not curiosity, per say, but interest. She could walk away and I would not think of her again. For now she is here though, and I wonder vaguely at the glint in her eyes. In the halting, calculated way she speaks. My head lists slightly to one side, appraising and judging. 

Quite suddenly, I am transformed. A motherly smile caresses my lips at her wide-eyed observation, and I smell the false innocence on her tongue. Have not I used a similar voice when it suited me? Oh yes, this is intriguing. "You very well might be," I murmur like a doting dam, cooing over her treasured offspring. I am all things sweet and kind and wholesome.  

"But I very much doubt it." 

In the same saccharine tone, I undercut the praise. It is honey covered poison, and I wonder if this girl will lap at it or spit it out? I'm not sure which would delight me more. 

The spear in my breast sways gently as I move, and I note that it draws her eye. It has that effect. Even now, years after the wound was first inflicted, blood seeps sluggish from the inflamed flesh around its shaft. It is an ugly, rust- colored interruption. It's become a part of me in more than simple physical ways. 

I have not had the decency to feign good manners tonight. That she has is not lost on me, but nor is it important. Manners are a means to an end, nothing more, and I have no end in mind for this snipe. "Oh, I'm stupid, alright. Clear out of my mind. Batshit." I chime, and it's with a dazzling smile. "But stupid and dangerous are often mates." The smile hardens into a razor edge, and I teeter on the edge of violence. She did ask, after all.  

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-11-2021, 12:37 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 01-15-2021, 03:33 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-17-2021, 02:07 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 01-22-2021, 08:21 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-24-2021, 04:35 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 01-30-2021, 06:12 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-31-2021, 09:32 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 02-05-2021, 06:09 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 02-08-2021, 03:49 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 02-18-2021, 08:02 PM