• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  we'll write this story as we begin; any

Holler nods in the darkness, a ghostly movement of her white head, dimly lit by fireflies. She had guessed as much – it seems like someone would have warned them – but there is a lot she doesn’t know, and as she’s learned pieces of Beqanna’s long and often grisly history, a reoccurring eclipse didn’t seem too implausible.
    “I didn’t think so,” she says, “which might be even more troubling.”
    She does not want to live in some novel disaster, she misses sunshine and daylight, though they seem increasingly distant in her memory. She hopes she will not forget it altogether, the feeling of light on her skin, how she once glinted rainbow in the sunshine.

Avelina moves on to other topics, which Holler supposes she is grateful for – they have already been thrust into the darkness, forced to live it, it’s best not to let it dominate every conversation, as well. Avelina asks of flying, and Holler thinks back.
    “Not since I was little,” she says, as if she isn’t little now – half-grown, taller than she used to be but still not fitting together right, legs a little too long and mane still holding tufts of baby frizz.
    “I haven’t tried in the dark,” she admits, “though I suppose being something like a bat would help me now. What about you?”
    Agetta had taught her something of shifting, and she knows her mother had hoped she would learn more from her siblings, but the darkness and terror had fallen before Holler could really embrace the art, leaving her in this in-between, host to a power she still knew so little of.

holler

@[Avelina]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we'll write this story as we begin; any - by Holler - 01-24-2021, 05:49 PM