• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come little children // Chaos kids
    The flicker of an old smile passes over my face as a gilded girl emerges from the depths of the shadows. Beautiful and young, with cunning in her eyes. You, she says, and I know it's true. That song is not one known in these parts, or it would have found me again before now. No, it belongs to endless deserts and blazing sunlight. The exact opposite of our world now. 

I remain in my place, wings held loosely by my side where anger has left them steaming into the cool air. Felt more than heard, figures fat and gloaming ooze past the edge of our sight. Curious. Watchful. I can almost make out the shape of one beyond this girl's shoulder, and I wonder what they're waiting for. What kind of mistakes do we have to make to get their attention? 

It's been long, too long since she's spoken, and I have not. The words emerge like forgotten things themselves, detached from meaning as soon as they leave my mouth. "A casualty from several lifetimes ago," and they are cryptic and gone. 

How many things have I lost over the years? The color of my mother's eyes. The sound of my father's voice. And thousands of other small details that once made up my existence. I have to pause to remember my oldest child's name. To remember exactly how many children I have born over the years. My mouth quirks in a twisted grin. Ah, but some things are better left forgotten. 

The gleam of yellowish eyes blinks and shifts behind her, and I follow it with my head as the thing moves obliquely. "It's dangerous to be alone in the dark," I comment, almost to myself. Dangerous, dangerous... "Either you're stupid, or you're better able to take care of yourself than you look. Which is it." My head snaps back to her, teeth and eyes gleaming slightly in the glow she casts. 

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-11-2021, 12:37 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 01-15-2021, 03:33 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-17-2021, 02:07 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 01-22-2021, 08:21 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-24-2021, 04:35 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 01-30-2021, 06:12 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 01-31-2021, 09:32 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 02-05-2021, 06:09 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Sabra - 02-08-2021, 03:49 PM
    RE: Come little children // Chaos kids - by Aela - 02-18-2021, 08:02 PM