• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  About the things that we could be; ANY and ALL icicles
    The first thing I did after realizing that the darkness also meant a lack of warmth, a thing most inhabitants of the Isle still needed in some way - used to it or not- had been to try my luck and find outside help.

They hadn’t come and so I turn around, finding @[Chemdog] and offering him a grin. ”Guess they’re busy figuring out what this is. Some other time then.” Of course I am disappointed that the things I have in mind for the Isle, for my people, aren’t seeing the daylight (there’s irony in there somewhere) right away. ”As usual, we’re left to fend for ourselves. Let’s see if there’s others wanting to chime in on this, then.” It’s more of a proposal than a command as leader; really, I am glad he has come but if he doesn’t feel like it, I’m not keeping him around against his wishes and he knows that.

The icy dragon that I am is just not capable of giving warmth, though. We need more revolutionary ideas if fairy magic is needed elsewhere. Though I will in fact keep trying; something that would help the inhabitants survive our winters, like Beryl who once almost froze to death, is probably something we could use even if the sun wasn’t blocked out.

Nevertheless, when we arrive back home, I issue out a call. Waiting, I wonder how many will show up - Nashua is likely to be hanging around, but I haven’t seen many of the other inhabitants around lately, though I know they are in fact around. Just not that into a talk it seems.

”I’ve called you here regarding the sun issue. There currently nothing we can do about it, but if you have ideas on how to battle the cold, darkness, or lack of food that it is going to bring us, let me know. Know that I also won’t stop my efforts of trying to get the fairies’ attention - I’ve been able to do that in the past, but feel free to join me next time.” I muse the latter aloud, then shrug. It’s never a guarantee of course, but who knows? Maybe my earlier fairy interaction actually helps this time.
    there’s an ocean in between your heart and me

@[Nashua]
    @Everybody! This is a follow up from a failed land quest attempt/your chance to get in on it ^^ (active characters count to the chances of getting a quest but even if not I’d like to get many people involved in the solving of whatever task we get). The land quest idea was to get something for the Isle that helps inhabitants feel less of the icy cold, for those who need it (don’t have a particular trait to aid them). I hope this will help with some muse too!
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    About the things that we could be; ANY and ALL icicles - by Leilan - 01-16-2021, 02:27 PM