• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  we'll write this story as we begin; any

“They’re the perfect friends to have right now.” She agrees with a light laugh that sends the blinking golden lights into a flurry before they content themselves to make lazy patterns in the air between the sisters, except for the few that always seem to tangle themselves in Avelina’s hair so that they glow from the safety of her forelock.

She shakes her head, disturbing some of these friends in the process, when Holler asks about the darkness. “Not that I know of. And I’d think mom would’ve mentioned something like this.” Avelina notes with a small smile in her green eyes that dance in the moving glow of her fireflies. That certainly would have made for a story she would have willingly listened to.

But, worried that the fact that this hasn’t happened before and is unprecedented, Avelina is quick to continue with warmth in her voice. “I don’t think it’ll last long, though.” Even though she cannot possibly know this, there’s a certainty to the words. She believes it with absolute certainty. “Then we’ll be back to playing in the sun before we know it.”

She regards her younger sister, and the horns that adorn her head, before asking in a perhaps not-so-subtle way to distract them both from the darkness “Have you tried to fly yet?”

avelina

@[Holler]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we'll write this story as we begin; any - by Avelina - 01-14-2021, 08:38 PM