• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I am the pattern, the plague, and the prison; islas
    You think I'll be the Dark Sky so you can be the Star?
    I'll Swallow you Whole.
    A true smile, one that imperceptibly brightens the seemingly endless galaxy-dark of her eyes, touches her lips at his noticeable surprise. She had never really thought herself a queen; stars did not rule, not in the way mortals did. When she had been reborn into this new body she had been too focused on trying to adapt and blend in, and while she had watched the kingdoms and learned their ways it had never occurred to her to rule one. “There are many kings and queens here,” she explains. “They fight over these lands like dogs might the last bone.” That was something she had never understood. To her, all the dirt and rocks and trees—they were all the same. But they insist on laying claim to certain pieces of dirt and spilling blood for a land that would never show them the same loyalty, that will forget them when it all turns to ash and dust.

But she doesn't understand a lot of things about this place, and so it's not something she thinks about too hard.

Her eyes flit back to his face with a curious tip of her shapely head at the sharp way he questions her choice to stay here, but true to her nature she does not find it offensive. She just answers him. “Yes.”  She debates leaving it simply at that, but decides to elaborate; her lips pressed into a thin line before she sighs softly and explains, “When I was first trapped here, I hated it. Sometimes I still hate it. I miss being a star, and now I'm confined to only being able to communicate with them and not even very well.” It is the first time that there is a trace of depth to her voice—a kind of bitterness that lingers in the words and settles in the dark of her eyes.

She blinks, though, and it fades, the hollowness once again swallowing whatever may have sparked before.

“What was it like, where you were from?” she asks him, her mind abandoning her stars and her emptiness, preferring instead to think of his storms and the way his tongue sparked with the words he spoke.
    Islas

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am the pattern, the plague, and the prison; islas - by Islas - 01-13-2021, 12:33 AM