• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Shut up and dance with me // Any
    He had never been the bashful sort. It wouldn't have gotten him far with his family, and besides, curiosity almost always won out when put next to fear. In that way, it was certainly fitting that his new shape was a feline one. The need to know how and why and who and all the rest had summed up his life, and it very well may be what had planted him here today. 

He chuckled at her description of the process it took to return to his equine shape. "Practice, practice, practice, does nothing come without it? At least thinking about myself should be easy enough." He remarked with a touch of sarcasm. Nothing worth having came without effort, he knew, but a guy could dream. A thought dawned on him, made the hair on his neck rise briefly as it passed through his mind. 

With a grin more puppyish than panther, he looked at the she-cat dolefully. "My mother would take my hide if she saw me being so rude, going on about myself." He admitted on a laughing note. And very pleased too would Tickaani be with a leopardskin rug. "What brings you to this neck of the woods? Surely watching a new shifter get his feet under him wasn't on the plan of the day." He rose demonstratively to his feet, testing the weight on each one. 

He shrugged one shoulder, then the other, feeling his skin prickle uncomfortably. It was too much, holding a new shape and a color as well. With a sigh he let it go. His natural darker colors returned, and his skin quit its itching. Better. He looked back at Maze, eyes hooded in the dappled light. He'd been loitering in the common lands long enough to have a feel for the regulars that frequented these areas. Knew enough to know that for lack of better words, she wasn't one. Which meant she belonged somewhere else. He figured any land that could produce such a beautiful creature was alright by him. 

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 12-01-2020, 04:55 PM
    RE: Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 01-01-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 01-07-2021, 07:26 PM
    RE: Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 01-12-2021, 09:02 PM