• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Under a dark blanket of stars [Isra]

If the blue roan possessed the ability to produce wondrous music, then she’d probably find it to be endlessly fascinating. She did not inherit her father’s shadows despite being made from them. Michaelis would never be truly lonely throughout his life for the tendrils ceaselessly vied for his attention and he generously gave them his affection in return. Of course, they accepted her as one of their own but when separated from her father, then she was all on her own.

Isra inherited his telekinesis instead of shadows, an ability that they both seemed to forget they had at times. It might be used to move debris lying across the various deer trails when travelling through the densest of forests or she might gently lift fallen baby birds back into their nests. In general, they were both pacifists – content to wander in search of pleasant company across the lands. So they both never found much use for an ability that could be useful in battling or defense.

She smiled warmly at his welcoming words before she accompanied it with a simple “Thank you” in return. His next question prompted a small shrug from her for she hadn’t much opportunity to truly reacquaint herself with the present Beqanna. “It is the same yet different at the same time. But, in time, I look forward to discovering the differences.

She didn’t fear nor avoid change. The blue roan girl didn’t have strong ties to the politics of this land nor did she have ties to its people for she was but a young girl when they went away on their journey. She had her family, though small as it was, and she had her willingness to keep walking forwards in life without regrets or what-ifs to weigh her feet down. Isra was like a bird who had just accomplished its first flight, with strong wings to keep her in the air and a knowledge that she could go anywhere she wanted in life.

He asked about her homeland and she answered him in kind. “I was raised in the forest for a short while, but I spent the majority of my childhood outside of Beqanna with my father.

Yanhua seemed a bit mysterious to her - he’s pleasant enough but seemed guarded at the same time. A contrast that Isra found to be intriguing considering she was an open book herself. She found it difficult to not show her thoughts and feelings on her face.

I admit that I’m not knowledgeable of the politics of Beqanna so it might be silly of me to ask. But where are you from? Will you describe it for me?

She answers his half-smile with an eager one of her own, pleading mismatched eyes of yellow and red directed towards his face. Isra wouldn’t pass up any opportunity to learn something new and Yanhua would have intimate knowledge to the current ongoings of Beqanna that would be difficult to learn on her own. 

@[Yanhua]

@[The Monsters] mess with her telekinesis? <33

Messages In This Thread
    Under a dark blanket of stars [Isra] - by Yanhua - 12-05-2020, 07:47 PM
    RE: Under a dark blanket of stars [Isra] - by isra - 01-09-2021, 05:41 PM