• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dead are crawling from their graves; anyone
    [time jump to no wings!]

this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Lagertha isn’t really… proper. I mean she is. But she isn’t. Polite, sometimes? Poised, but not in the beauty pageant princess sort of way. In like a - I’ve got my shit together and don’t care what you think - way.

She, too, chuckles dryly. “I just like seeing how others react. Adds to the big, fierce Amazon thing.” Really, it’s the horns that do that She doesn’t comment on how akin his spots are to Liz’s - not yet - though it is what initially drew her to him. The winged stallion steps into the waters that divide them and she tilts her head to the side, watching him cross over to her. Well there wasn’t exactly an invitation, but if there is to be a conversation it will be easier this way. “Yes, I am.” She is not quite ready to reveal that she is the newest Queen, because friendships and relationships should not start out that way.

Lagertha must become less insular, if only to benefit the Jungle (and herself, of course).

A small shiver runs through her, as if to emphasize his words. “Warriors don’t get cold, obviously,” she says sarcastically, moving a couple of steps to the side as she leans down to rub a sudden itch around the base of her horns against her left foreleg. The constantly growing things were also constantly itching. They were, however, also awfully useful for scratching other itches on various parts of her body. As long as her neck can crane around, the tips of the horns can usually reach them. It’s nice. “But in reality, I can’t afford to be lazy right now. The world stops for no one.”  Not even the immortals. It’s a coy enough response, open to several interpretations and further questions.

She pauses and then continues, genuinely curious about the stallion. He smells of the Valley, a place she has never been and knows little about. The news of his ascension has not reached the quiet depths of the Jungle, though someone will hear murmurings and bring the information eventually. “I’m Lagertha. Now, I should ask you the same thing. You’re from… the Valley?”

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian khaleesi

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dead are crawling from their graves; anyone - by Sarah - 09-05-2015, 03:55 PM