• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; aquaria
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

It's unfamiliar when peace she does not feel invades anyway. It's a flat feeling, one she can't help but accept until it's gone again, and a memory shakes loose. Peering into the darkness, at the figure that was outlined in a quickly fading blue glow, she wondered and measured the odds. 

An idea occurred to her, one she figured couldn't hurt to try. With a gentle coaxing hum, the seamare gathered spinning orbs of water from the waves. Half a dozen of them, no bigger than small coconuts, and they spun dripping between the Dame and her guest. 

They emitted very little light, but it was enough to prove that she wasn't blind, and wasn't talking to herself out here. Blinking at the angular face, she felt her earlier suspicion solidify. The colors were just this side of wrong, but the shape... "Are you related to a mare named Lepis, by any chance?" She asked without preliminary. Those features were ones she recognized, and ones she saw with fair frequency about the island. 

The orbs of glowing water orbited them lazily, spinning shadows that took on disturbing faces when she looked too long. No, she didn't like this dark at all. Returning to Tiercel's attention, she nodded and swallowed before catching her mistake. "I'm Aquaria. This island is my charge, as are it's inhabitants." However few they may be. 

She drew herself to her not terribly impressive full height, glittering blue where her sea lights reflected on her scales. "What can I help you with, Tiercel?" She asked, a little perplexed now that her anxiety was lessening. "This is hardly an ideal time for a vacation." That was why most horses visited Ischia, after all. For the sunshine.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Tiercel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; aquaria - by Aquaria - 01-07-2021, 08:47 PM