• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Shut up and dance with me // Any
    The startlement at having been interrupted during a moment of pretty significant self discovery faded at the amusement in his newly met companion's expression. He'd engineered (and been the butt of) plenty enough pranks to know a good jump scare when he was in the middle of one. It was enough to roll his eyes good-naturedly before moving on. 

He could feel the different shape of his jaw when he smiled, when he spoke. Words seemed to fit strangely between sharp teeth. "Mazikeen or Maze." He tried the sounds out. It was a name meant for sharp teeth, he decided, and rumbled in a satisfied way over the discovery. 

Her question took him off guard, though it shouldn't have. Anyone with eyes to see would be able to figure out this was not the skin he was used to. Setting the inspected paw down deliberately, he nodded distractedly. "Looks that way." 

A cat then, like his father. He looked over himself again, marveling at the change. Impulsive, he pushed his now-blunt muzzle into his chest, felt the plush fur that tickled his nose. He took an experimental lick with his prickly tongue, only to spit when he came away with a mouthful of strands. 

Lips curled at the oddness of it, the feline shook his head. This just kept getting weirder. "How d'you change back, then?" Which seemed to be a pretty important question at this point. There was no way he'd survive long in this skin without the reprieve of a familiar body to retreat into. His hazelnut brown eyes settled on hers, eager for whatever tips she might provide. 

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 12-01-2020, 04:55 PM
    RE: Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 01-01-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 01-07-2021, 07:26 PM
    RE: Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 01-12-2021, 09:02 PM