• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and the bravest of faces are the ones where we fake it [any]
    The mare before me is young still, I can see that - but already hurt once or twice, I reckon from the hidden gleam in her eyes. It’s not that I actively search for things like that, but it happens to be that like calls to like, and that I am a master in pretending everything is alright is nothing new to me, myself. Still, she doesn't come off as actively mourning whatever it is, so it is only when she mentions her name that I carefully nod. My daughter was the one to tell me about the issue, in fact, but I know it’s not a king’s place to meddle in the personal affairs of his subject’s - not even when they concern one of our champions.

”Likewise. So you’re the one rebuilding? It’s impressive what you’ve done so far,” I tell her with a small smile. It would be impolite to immediately inquire if she has ambitions beyond the Taigan forest itself, but perhaps in time she’ll want a new challenge. She then inquires about my reason to be here, and I grin a little more than laughing or smiling about it. ”I suppose one of the perks of being a leader is you get time to check out the lands from time to time.” I tilt my head a little, then add, ”but really, Taiga is more bustling than the Isle or Nerine these days, and there’s some kids of mine I like to keep an eye on when they’re not looking.” I hope that settles any doubts she might have - in fact I frequent the red woods more than she probably knows, that is, every other night. Usually though, in the dark it’s easy for me to hide myself, and I am not spotted because I don’t really want to. Checking the border must sometimes be done in daylight though, just for people’s sake pf feeling watched over and by extension, safer.

”On that topic though, what made you stay?” It’s perhaps a question that could be heard with double meaning, knowing what had transpired (to be honest if she’d asked me directly I’d be able to tell her a thing or two about love, I think) but hopefully she could just go for the innocent question of why she chose to live in Taiga itself. It’s her choice, I think, to avoid the topic or dive into it. Either works for me.
    there’s an ocean in between your heart and me

@[Borderline]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and the bravest of faces are the ones where we fake it [any] - by Leilan - 01-03-2021, 05:46 AM