• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you've got your chain tied to me, obelisk

The darkness almost bothers him as much as the cloud that follows him. That has followed him ever since that strange day when he woke in the forest far from Pangea—when he had seen the rabbit jump and then disappear into the fog. When he had woken the next day, it had been to the strange cloud on his heels and no matter how he had run or flown or lumbered, it had been there after him, terrifyingly large.

He can feel it still, even though his vision is not as sharp in these darkened hours.

That massive presence, always lurking, always there.

He shivers a little, calling out for his brother and sister. He cries for them in his throaty voice, the fear that he feels not quite making it to the rumbling noise. And before he can call out again, she is there. Dim in this darkened world but bright all the same. He wraps around her in his typical protective stance, his wings flaring slightly and draping over them. “I don’t know,” he answers honestly, although that is not such a strange thing. There is so much of this world that he does not understand—this is no different.

He thinks that he can imagine the sound of them rumbling nearby. The sound of scratching and clawing, the sound of heavy breathing that is abnormal even by Beqanna standards.

“Are you okay?” he asks, even though he knows she will be.

turn your head toward the storm that’s surely coming along

@[The Monsters] - okay, go to town on poison secretion.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got your chain tied to me, obelisk - by obelisk - 01-02-2021, 07:50 PM