• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I am the pattern, the plague, and the prison; islas
    You think I'll be the Dark Sky so you can be the Star?
    I'll Swallow you Whole.
    They are so similar, but maybe not to the naked eye.

To anyone on the outside looking in,  they are just a plain, pale girl looking up to a dark, strong, but unassuming man. There is nothing especially astounding to be seen about either one of them. She pulls at the starlight, and a cursory glance from a stranger might find her classified along with all the other various star and light and shadow benders that roam this land.

There are a few, though, that know her for what she is – that feel it from the moment her black-hole eyes find theirs, the strange gravity of her trapped star that draws them in.

He had been one of them, and just the same, she had recognized what set him apart from the rest, too, even if his powers remained lost.

To the rest of the world they appear as nothing, but the two of them know they are so much more.

“This land likes to give out unexpected gifts,” she says, unable to offer him actual sympathy, though she is sure he doesn’t want it to begin with. “Maybe it will do the same for you.” She turns her eyes to a place in the distance, an unseen mountain that lies beyond the rocks and hills of Loess. “You should try going to the mountain. I think that’s the main source of their magic.”

Her gaze turns back to him at his question. “Loess. The main kingdom in the southern lands.” She is surprised at how much she has learned about Beqanna – is almost disappointed by it. It made her feel too much apart of it, which at one point had been all she had wanted, until she had realized that no matter how she tried, she would never seamlessly blend. She would prefer then to just remain an outsider; it seemed easier that way.  “Why are you here?” She asks him that quiet, flat tone of hers, the natural lowness of her voice dulling what might have otherwise come across as blunt and uncouth.
    Islas

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am the pattern, the plague, and the prison; islas - by Islas - 01-01-2021, 10:48 PM