• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  where the spirit meets the bones; anyone
    fell asleep inside a fantasy and woke up feeling lost —
    She is lost in her thoughts, so much so that she does not notice the mare that is walking toward her. Not until she speaks, and the sound of her voice, though soft, startles her from her strange reverie. She flicks bright silver eyes to find the face of the mare – young, only a few years older than herself. Elestren blinks, and she stares at the stranger in an uncertain, almost suspicious way, as though she is trying to decide if this mare is someone to be wary of – in reality, she is trying to decipher if she is real or not. Until this moment no one else had looked at her, further cementing the idea that this was a dream.

Until now, of course.

There is something steady about her, though, something that feels real. It's enough to settle her frayed nerves, at least a little, and she offers her an unsure smile. “I’m okay,” she answers, and it is a half-truth. She is physically fine; uninjured and whole. And she can feel herself gathering her bearings, even though she is still confused, and it shows in the hesitant glimmer in her eyes, and the tentative way her lips lift into a smile. “But I am lost. I think.” She gives her head a small shake, the dark strands of her forelock cascading along the angles of her face. “Do you know where we are?”
    Elestren

@[Andromake]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: where the spirit meets the bones; anyone - by Elestren - 12-28-2020, 01:39 AM