• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we're alone, just like you said, aureus
    Aureus

oh, these wings, they flicker and my feathers stir
    'til I'm an ancient soul in a cascade world

She is one of two who has nestled into his heart.

One of two that he carries with him—the memory of them something both fond and gentle, something terrifying because of the power that it wields over him already. He does not trust the way that they have wormed into his heart. Does not trust the way that from the very beginning that he thought of them so often, holding them close, turning the memory over in the palm of his hands as though to be revered.

But he cannot avoid her forever, it seems, because he opens his eyes and suddenly she is there.

His heart thumps painfully against his ribcage but he says nothing for a moment.

Just takes a deep breath to steady himself, grateful that it is not night and Astrum is not there to let her opinions on the matter known. It is just the two of them, as it had been that day in the Playground.

“It has been,” he admits, not trusting himself to say her name—not trusting himself to let the conversation go any deeper than it has already. “How have the years been treating you?” He swallows, wondering if it was a mistake to inquire further—wondering if perhaps he should have taken his leave or pretended that he had not heard her or some other cowardly attempt to hide away. But it’s too late now.

Too late and there’s only the two of them.

Nowhere for him to hide.

and I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone
    I got a head like a turret with a mouth for a gun

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we're alone, just like you said, aureus - by aureus - 12-24-2020, 01:00 AM