• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Shut up and dance with me // Any

Mazikeen is still bristling with anger after Breach was stolen - even though she was not gone for long. The time hadn’t been the point, it was the fact that she was stolen at all. That Maze had been there and been unsuccessful in stopping it. A complete failure of a champion, that was for sure.

She had been switching shapes for the last couple days, remaining on the move in her agitation and unable to settle happily into one form or another.

When she prowls through the forest, the sunlight that reaches her though the trees alights on the sleek fur of a leopard - but white instead of golden, though the black spots remain. She doesn't return to these woods as anything small anymore. No quick white fox darts through the underbrush. Too easy to be snatched by something larger that way. Too many memories.

Her orange eyes are bright and she’s thinking she might start a fight with someone, anyone, since she can’t pick a fight with the ghost that stole Breach away. Nothing as terrifying as the creature that attacked her in these woods - a fight she has a reasonable chance of winning. A black feline near the creek ahead catches her attention and she thinks for a moment it is the cranky old panther that lives in Hyaline - and she readies herself to pounce and ruin his day. But as she lowers her body into a crouch the sun catches on the deep blackberry markings and she straightens up again.

Not the same one, then. Someone new?

Some of her anger bleeds out of her as the curiosity takes over and the white leopard moves through the trees until she emerges just ahead of him so that they are facing. It has been too long since she has met a new shifter (and she very easily assumes this is a shifter and not a real panther). “I like your purple spots.” She remarks without any insecurities about whether this was a dumb or childish thing to say. She did like them - and she wonders if he is a shifter like her who keeps her colour no matter what she changes into.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Mikael]

Messages In This Thread
    Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 12-01-2020, 04:55 PM
    RE: Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mazikeen - 12-08-2020, 09:43 PM
    RE: Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 01-01-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 01-07-2021, 07:26 PM
    RE: Shut up and dance with me // Any - by Mikael - 01-12-2021, 09:02 PM