• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me the sun; svedka
    take my soul & make it undone
    be the one, be the one to take me home and show me the sun. i know, i know you can bring the fire, i can bring the bones. i know, i know you'll make the fire, my bones will make it grow.
    The Tephra of her childhood had been in a different part of Beqanna — nestled in the southeast ocean, an island found across a sandbank that rose from the channel during low tides. Despite these differences, the volcano’s face is familiar and the tug of the ocean’s currents are comforting. The sound of someone approaching draws Wishbone’s eyes toward the thick tropical forest. While she had initially traveled to Tephra for the simple comforts it gave her, she could have never expected to see Svedka striding confidently into the tides to stand beside her.

Wishbone cannot help the potent mixture of surprise and excitement that floods across her face. She is brutally aware of the changes that have happened since the last time she had seen her half-brother, just as she notices the ghosts that dance behind his pale eyes. There is a haunted look Wishbone has seen in her own characteristic amber eyes, and it reflects in Svedka’s gaze — a look that speaks of pain and relief, of darkness and light, of Death and Life.

It is difficult for her to rearrange her expression into something more appropriate for a stranger, and it takes her only a moment before she abandons the effort altogether. When she speaks, it is with a voice that has always been completely hers (roughened by the volcano’s ash, sweetened by the magic of estrogen). “Svedka.” Among Warrick’s children, Svedka has always been her kindred heart. Where Solace is peaceful, they are troublesome; where their half-sister is controlled, they are chaotic. This knowledge tugs at her, twisting a knot in her chest that might ease if he recognizes her.

She has a thousand questions for him… How did he end up in the Afterlife, as she did? Why did they not cross paths in that forsaken place? What is he doing in Tephra? Wishbone curbs her racing mind by clearing her throat and looking deeper into her brother’s multicolored face. “It’s Wishbone. I know I don’t look like myself, but it’s really me.” She has spent years discovering herself, isolated from the rest of Beqanna as she learned how to walk on legs longer than before, questioning whether she was still Wishbone or someone different. It would have been a lie to pretend she is anyone other than herself. She stands as still as a pillar among the frothing waves, hoping that the experience she knows they share will allow Svedka to believe her.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Svedka]

Messages In This Thread
    show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 11-25-2020, 11:04 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-05-2020, 09:42 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-06-2020, 10:42 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-11-2020, 09:19 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-18-2020, 12:00 AM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-20-2020, 01:07 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-22-2020, 01:40 AM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-29-2020, 08:20 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 01-04-2021, 12:26 AM