• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  In the light of the moon; [Leilan]
    Information - one of the only things one must adher to when they hope to stay in charge. Luckily for me, Yan has a lot to say, which makes it easier for me to ignore the taunting that’s going on between the two brothers and the almost malicious grin that Yan suddenly gives me, after eye-rolling at my comments. He definitely has some growing up to do still, but he won’t accept my view of the world nor any guidance, so I’m starting to let go of the idea of helping to raise him.

Yanhua has barely finished or Nashua’s question follows like a hollow whisper in the cold mountains, and then we are interrupted before I can answer. The hawk on the branch becomes a woman, with a blue sheen but what most reminds me is her eyes, cold as the mountaintops’ rocks. I nod to her, realising that in the land of shifters any warm, living shape can be a horse now; but others show up too - the stallion’s breath is raspy and I hear what he must already know - I hear how I would have sounded without the gift of immortality. His suggestion is a neutral way of saying we are not welcome here, only contradicting the younger mare on the surface.

The younger stallion has a lot more to say, like the younger ones usually do - they often have lots of words for their feelings. ”Perhaps. As you can see, we’re not here to set fires.” I tell him, almost dismissively - I really don’t care who wants to be upset by my rudeness, those days are over. I see no need to throw a fuss over three horses just passing through and catching up, or at least, I wouldn’t. It’d be different if one (or three) were sneaking around and listening in for secrets, or if someone came with destruction, stealing or challenging on their mind, but none of that had happened here that I know of. If we’d wanted to be stealthy, we would definitely have been more stealthy than this (at least, two out of three of us - I can’t always speak for the striped pegasus in that regard).

I pay more attention to the blue-sheen mare, with her eyes that remind me of someone, but I can’t exactly remember who. Nevertheless, she looks the highest in rank of the three of them, so it’s her I’ll talk to. ”Just an impromptu summoning while passing through. We can leave now, if you want us to. Though perhaps this is as good an occasion as any to discuss the matter of Straia.” I offer with a curious spark in my eyes. I wonder what she makes of it. The painted mare of the Chamber had lived in the past, wanting to revive it, and this being the result of it should not be a surprise, though her being literally swallowed up certainly was. A good thing then, that I hadn’t agreed on anything with her yet, no promises made. I feel no need to follow in her exact hoofsteps, nor to try and persuade any magical beings to release her. But Hyaline may have different inclinations.

Tension, tension. I loathe it. Let me soar through the skies and kill a few deer and I’m happy - if Kensa hadn’t left Hyaline so suddenly, that’s what I’d still be doing. Right here, even. Maybe I should move again in some time and tick off all of Beqanna’s lands sometime. Honestly this whole border-business is a minor pain in the scheme of what’s happening to the world - or perhaps, those cogs had stopped turning now and the lands would return to their boring cycle of wanting to expand, wanting to make a mark on the world, and then going silent when the losses were taken - and another would rise up with the same ambition. Sometimes I wonder if I should have taken over that role, as a counter-clockwise turning wheel over Beqanna; it was technically my turn. Only - I just really hate cycles and rules and by extension, borders. I don’t bother myself with starting wars when I know the outcome. Straia had been different, in a way. Perhaps her queen knew that too, and perhaps even without the Chamber and the mare who led it, the world could still become more... interesting.
    my head tells me to stop - but my heart goes

@[Yanhua] @[breach]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    In the light of the moon; [Leilan] - by Yanhua - 11-22-2020, 07:07 PM
    RE: In the light of the moon; [Leilan] - by Leilan - 12-06-2020, 04:17 AM