• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The kind of person that keeps a parrot [any!]

Popinjay waits in silence, waits to see if she will be noticed by the enormous stallion cantering through her little wood with abandon. She knows who he is, son of the Taigan Guardian, Nashua's silent brother, but he's grown to an impressive height that dwarfs her even when she isn't lying silently in the northern grove chewing at the bitter petals of the pinecones strewn about her. Even if you cut off those pointed goat horns jutting from his skull - which, if she may have an opinion, are not even comparable to the opaque gleam of Asphyxea's jade-tined antlers. Still, she wonders if she could do it, cut them off. The golden mare had planted a seed in her mind of what her power could do beyond what she knew.

The possibilities seem endless.

But, like all things, there must be a disappointing limit.

He's seen her, now, and her dark eyes follow him, full of laughter and reflected lightning. He asks if he's seen her before and her smile cuts a bright slash across the dark grey of her lips.

"I should think so." There's an enormous bird that owns the skies of Nerine, her shadow patrols its purple-grey heather, its wind-worn black rock, its moors, and its seas, with red-struck wings and lightning in its wake, "You'd have to be blind to miss me."

And that is to say nothing of the other times they have been close, during Elio's attempted coup and just after Pangea's marauders left. She has not stood up and her color blends her into the woodland just as well here as it ever did among the Taigan kingwood. Only that dazzling, laughing, star that rests wide across her brow and the crooked crescent moon of her smile gleam out into the dusky shadows. There is nothing to look at now that backs up that bold claim, though it is true enough of her other form.

"However," the Rook pauses and tilts her head to one side as if considering the caprine Taigan, "I don't recall you at all."

Lines by AmeAmeridian, coloring by me

@[Yanhua] I couldn't remember if Yan showed up for that thread in Taiga so I just pretended that he did.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The kind of person that keeps a parrot [any!] - by Popinjay - 12-05-2020, 10:05 PM