• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've been talking with your fists | oceane

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

Warm laughter meets Gale’s quip regarding diplomacy ─ she had been born into a world of twisted, messy diplomacy herself, but she had shied from it to rebuke the King and his tyranny. Thinking on it now, she can find some similarities between his reign and the way the icy, morbid fingers of Pangea pluck at the tendrils of Beqanna outside of their own rule. It’s a sad realization to reach, that she had run so far only to be greeted with more of the same.

Were her plans to be a martyr, there would only be one course of action.

But she does not  plan to die on this figurative mountain; there will be other opportunities, better opportunities, to mold Beqanna into something safer. Thankful that Gale is on the same page, she nods her agreement to the terms he has presented for Loess and Islandres. “Friendship and open borders are all I ask for,” With no intention to toss Loess headlong into any wars, there is no reason to ask him about protection or assistance. Perhaps, in time, when the Southern Kingdom has found its power again she will decide to revisit the idea of ─

Well, all in time.

Oceane sets these thoughts down for another time and reverts her attention to her cerulean companion as he teaches her about the Alliance. She purses her lips pensively, though intrigue shines apparent in her amber eyes as she listens to Gale speak. “That’s quite the prize,” she muses, and with a quiet snort of amusement she nods in agreement. So comfortable is she now with her Zoolingualism that the opalescent woman would hate to disrupt that balance ─ but safety for her Kingdom? That’s something she would not be opposed to winning. “Well, certainly you know my allegiances lie with Tarian, but if it’s not in the cards for him to win then I hope you find your way to victory.” A playful grin finds her lips and she tosses her head towards the north.

“Come,” she beckons, “Perhaps we can find some prickly pear. Lepis showed me the best spot when I first arrived in Loess and I’d like to share it with you.”

@[Gale]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've been talking with your fists | oceane - by Oceane - 12-02-2020, 10:59 AM